Acrylic painting is preferred as it provides several advantages. In fact there are a number of well-known artists who like using acrylic paints over any other paints. In case you are a novice and you want to paint using acrylic paint, then it is vital that you remember that the acrylic paints dry fast. In fact as the acrylic paint dry fast most of the artists do not choose to use this paint. But, there are ways available by which the paint can be kept wet for numerous hours.
Vijaya Prakash Boggala: A recognized painter from Greensboro, MD
Vijaya Prakash Boggala is a medical abstract writer by profession. However, when he is not working, he prefers to paint. He is an enthusiastic oil and acrylic painter and at present he is trying his hand in numerous other forms of painting. As a legendary acrylic painter, he explains that this form of painting is the best for the novices. To keep the acrylic paint wet for several hours he uses a specially made.
Following are some of the instructions offered by Vijaya which will help you to paint with no trouble when using acrylics:
- When using acrylic paint it is vital not to add extra water as it may cause the paint to lose their dense consistency and other properties. This is vital when blending paints and when applying the paint to the surface.
- Ensure that a spray bottle or bottle of water is by the side as this will assist to stop the paint from drying out.
- Be a bit quicker when using acrylic paint as it will assist in painting the whole document in an efficient way. However, if you think that you will need some additional time; then you can include a retarder to the paint to slow its drying time, thus giving you more time to work on your painting.
- When priming canvas, use acrylic-based primer. Keep in mind that an oil-based primer with acrylic paint will disturb the paint and can change the way it appears, but when acrylic-based primer is used it will have very irrelevant effects on the concluding look of the paint.
- When done with the painting, it is very important to make sure that you get all of the paint off your paintbrush. A gentle soap and water can be used to clean it in such a way that no paint is left in the bristles.
- One more vital thing is to remember is to cover the lid of the paint firmly when you are not painting. This will assist the paint to stay in the most ideal form.
You can paint thickly using acrylic, build it up and the paint will dehydrate. If you try to achieve the same with oils the outer surface will dehydrate to the touch but the internal paint will still be wet.
Besides having interest in acrylic painting, Vijaya Boggala loves to watch live sports and work on numerous DIY projects. He is also improving his skills in action photography, slow shutter speed photography, in addition to landscape photography.