The most common disease suffered by the people throughout the world is Diabetes. It is a condition where the body fails to produce enough insulin required by the body. This insulin has a large number of effects on the body’s metabolism. The food that we eat gives the body an adequate glucose, which is later used by the cells being a great source of energy. If the body doesn’t get insulin or it doesn’t work correctly in moving the glucose from the blood into cells, the glucose will stay only in the blood. These high blood glucose levels become dangerous as they are toxic, and in turn, the cells don’t get glucose lacking the fuel they need to function properly.
In such case, the person is said to suffer from diabetes. It is not a problem that cannot be controlled as there are many diabetologists in Chennai which act as a guideline to control the high blood sugar problems.
Ways to control diabetes-
- Maintain a healthy diet- In order to have control of blood sugar, it is important to control the carb intake. The carbohydrates that are further broken into glucose directly affects the blood sugar levels. Thus, one should try to reduce the food rich in carbohydrates and go with fiber-rich diet which reduces the blood sugar. Eat more of fresh vegetables and bitter herbs.
- Drink plenty of water- One of the most common home remedies for controlling diabetes is to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water. Drinking water helps the kidney to flush out the toxins through urine and further reduces the risk of having diabetes. Calorie-free drinks and water are the best way to control diabetes.
- Take sound sleep- A person having a good mental and physical health is known to be rid of diabetes. Thus, taking atleast 8 hours of sleep will help manage a healthy body weight. If sleeping habits are not proper then it might result in increased blood sugar levels with increased body weight becoming the main cause of getting diabetes.
- Manage stress- Another main cause of diabetes is stress. The stress has never done anything good to anyone. When a person is under stress the body starts releasing hormones like glucagon and cortisol that in turn spike up the blood sugar levels. Many people suggest performing meditation and exercise regularly to overcome stress levels.
- Visit a diabetologist regularly- Last but not the least whether one is suffering or not suffering from the problem of blood sugar must get regular analysis by the reputed diabetologists in Chennai that have years of experience treating people with blood sugar problems. They will give a proper diet chart and other ways to perform exercise to reduce blood sugar levels in the body.
The problem of diabetes is a chronic problem that can last for a lifetime. Thus, it is very essential to follow good healthy habits to stay away from such chronic disease. One must prevent all the complications by staying healthy and fit.