Travelling to any place during the holidays is real fun. But it also involves a good amount of money in the process, especially if children and the elderly are involved. In such a case, planning should be done ahead before months. Otherwise, last moment decisions to travel will only mean having to pay more than what has been bargained for and creating a big dent in the pocket.
Useful tips to save money on travel expenses
With some essential tips, it is very much possible for the person to enjoy the trip thoroughly and also save money in the process.
- Book tickets in advance: With the Indian railways introducing dynamic fare structure, it has become essential for the person to book his train tickets in advance. Besides saving money, the truth is that most of the routes and trains always run full. Hence, it will be a wise decision to book tickets much in advance to avoid last moment disappointment. This way, seats can also be derived together, thus allowing to enjoy all the more.
- Choose the best routes and trains to travel: There are different routes present to reach the destination. The shortest route and a good train should do to overcome the stress of journey, especially if it is long distance. Shorter and lesser traveled routes do attract less fare. Children of certain age and seniors are charged only half the fare. Using these will help to save money.
- Plan the dates: The dates of travel and the season does play a vital role in the journey. Generally Indian trains are packed throughout the year, but during peak and holiday seasons, they are overcrowded. Traveling with children and seniors during this time will only create problems for everyone.
- Having meals and dinners on train: The person can bring along food prepared at home, which is not only good for health, but also safe and hygienic, helping to save precious money. But this will also mean having to carry extra luggage. With the railway board planning to levy extra charges on those heavier baggage above certain weight, it will only involve more money. At the same time, those not interested to carry excess weight or not have much time or mood to cook food at home can rely upon Delivery of Food in Trains by the reputed and authorized online portals.
- Book hotels in advance: This is another useful decision to be taken. Hotels during peak seasons are heavily packed and those that are still vacant are likely to charge exorbitantly. Booking 3-4 months in advance will benefit the person immensely allowing him to enjoy discounted rates. Some travel portals also provide huge number of hotels of preferred budget and location at any given destination in the country. First timers and special schemes involve using of discount codes, which will further reduce the hotel rates. These portals also allow the person to book rental cars and flights to make the journey all the more comfortable and hassle free.
Following the above tips, the person is sure to enjoy the travel with the family thoroughly.